Share Your Retail Story
Got a story about working in retail?
Share it below and we’ll publish it on Retail Worker Confessions!
- Don’t mention real people (even if your boss Kevin is a prick)
- Your story must be original
- No hate speech, racism or abuse, please!
We have two sections – confessions and stories. If you want to write something snappy, keep your story under 800 characters, and your story will be posted in the confessions section.
If you’ve got something bigger to get off your chest, write more that 800 characters and we’ll post it in our stories section.
Need some inspiration for a story? Check out our story guidelines below
What kind of story should I share?
Here are some story suggestions:
- Conversations with customers and co-workers
- Something that happened to you, a customer or a co-worker
- Something irresistably shameful. We’ve all got skeletons!
- Something that you need to get off your chest
- A frustrating situation you faced recently
- How you really feel about something or someone at your place of work
- Something regarding your work situation that you feel strongly about
- Your opinion about an aspect of working in retail
Check out our confessions and stories sections for inspiration.
What makes a great story?
- Be descriptive, to help us understand the situation
- We try to encourage comments. Bring up talking points.
- Try to set the scene. Where did it happen? Who was there? What were you doing?
Will anyone know that I submitted a story?
If you’d prefer to remain anonymous use a pseudonym/nickname when you submit your story.
Will anyone be able to see my email address?
Nope. We keep them safe!
Will you edit my story?
Only if you share something too specific that could be used to identify you or someone else.
We never embellish your stories to make them funnier or more outrageous — though we are ALWAYS tempted.
We may change the formatting of the story, add extra paragraphs and/or titles.
Oh, and we might correct your spelling 😬
Can I write articles for the Opinions or Laughs sections of the site?
Yes, but we’d need to chat first. Get in touch and share your idea. We’ll then get back to you and explain everything.
I’m an aspiring writer, could I write some articles for you?
Yes! Get in touch
I still have questions, how do I get in touch with you?
Visit our contact us page.